Thursday, September 22, 2011

Hey, forgetaboutit

Who knew a trip to a supplier in New Jersey would have me singing a song from "Chicago"?
♫ Give 'em the old razzle dazzle ♫
 

I've had a recurring issue of mixed parts in shipments received from this supplier.  They aren't even parts my company buys.  I feel like opening a bag of parts from them is like opening a Cracker Jack box.  I never know what the prize inside is going to be.

I know most people like the prize in the Cracker Jack box or breakfast cereal, but these prizes are more like finding a fly in your soup...machine downtime, a wrong part on an assembly, having to listen to production complain.


I find it hard to believe that I'm their only customer that has a problem with mixed parts, if I have collected 20 of the 'collect all 50 set', certainly others have collected a few.  Yet, they tell me I'm the only one this causes a problem for.  When I bring up this problem they give me a very Jersey response of, "forget about it".  I ask how they'll fix it, they give me half a response.  Finally, I determine that I have to talk to them in person and see the place to understand what's happening.

While I was there, keeping the "I like to hear myself talk" personalities on topic proved difficult.  I ask a question, they talk about something else.  I request, "how will you fix problem A?"  They respond, "check out process B we can do".  I felt like I was watching an illusionist.  They kept trying to divert my attention to what they want to show off and just hide the flaws.  Is that why Snooki has that hair bump?

Check out how tall this hair makes me look, I'm not that chubby.
♫ How can they see with sequins in their eyes?  ♫

When I brought up valid issues, I was interrupted and stopped short, "yeah, we know all about that".  Great, then fix it! I scream inside my head, but am unable to say aloud because Jersey boy keeps talking.
How can they hear the truth above the roar? ♫

Due to my inability to get a word in edgewise, I feel like they picked my pocket on a NYC subway.  "Give us your money, and we'll keep sending you whatever crap we want".

Let's just say, I was happy to return to the Midwest.  And the first thing I did was take a shower to wash the Jersey off of me  (no GTL for me).

Razzle dazzle 'em, and they'll never catch wise

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I love the integration of the song. Also, Snooki's hair bump analysis makes sense.

    ReplyDelete